The Mariners are in need of desprate help so in this special blog normally three trades of the day it will be many trades/ moves
- Why the Mariners do it? Sexson is 33 and out of his prime. he has a big contract and a no-trade clause. And all the Pitchers are extremely overpaid
- Why the Mariners do it? it gives them A young Starting pitcher (Sowers) to pitch 3rd behind Hernandez and Bedard. Unloads Putz's big contract and allows many prospects to compete for closers job. Also get a pair of prospects
- Why the Tribe do it? gives them very much needed bullpen help.
- why the Mariners do it? gives them back a fan favorite and a good bat at DH.
- why the Reds do it? unloads griffeys big contract and gives them a trio of young players
- why the Mariners do it? Unload Vidro's big salary and get a temporary closer till there prospects develop.
- Why the Sox do it? they Get a second Baseman which they desperately needed.
- Why the Mariners do it? they get a Centerfeilder while they also unload Beltre
- Why the Phillies do it? get a power hitting third baseman to hit 6th behind Utley Howard and Burell
6. Sign Freddy Garcia
- why the Mariners do it? they give Garcia a 3year deal to return to Seattle and Pitch 3rd
That would make the Mariners Line-up look like this:
- Ichiro RF
- Jose Lopez 2B
- Shane Victorino CF
- Ken Griffey Jr. DH
- Raul Ibanez LF
- Jeff Clemente 1B
- Kenji Johjima C
- Yuniesky Betancourt SS
- Willie Bloomquist 3B
The Starting rotation will be:
- Set-up: Ryan Rowland-Smith
- Closer: Octavio Dotel